To ensure the realization of the overall organizational goals through effective and efficient delivery of psychosocial support services under the Child Justice program.
- Offer Individual, group and role-play therapy to child victims of abuse and other categories of individuals as may be recommended by the line manager;
- Prepare client case-history;
- Provide counselling support and advice to The CRADLE staff including therapy and debriefing;
- Conduct pre-trial preparations for children and witnesses;
- Provide support to children who are institutionalized in various homes or institutions;
- Undertake home, shelter and school visits for children assisted by The CRADLE
- Offer referral services for children to relevant places for assistance.
- Undertake research and draft simplified documents for child victims of violence and their principal care-givers including parents/guardians;
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
Degree in Counseling Psychology from a reputable and recognized institution; or
Degree in Sociology with Diploma in Counseling psychology.
Minimum of at least1-year previous job experience related to Child and GBV response.
Demonstrated experience in working directly with child survivors of GBV
MUST have an in-depth technical expertise on Gender Based Violence related issues, response and prevention and a demonstrated understanding of a human rights and survivor-centered approach.
Experience working with Gender Based Violence Information Management System (GBVIMS) preferred.
Required Skills and Competences
Proficiency in English and Kiswahili;
Ability to work in a team, maintain respect for diversity, uphold integrity, respect, and accountability;
Self-starter with an ability to work with minimal supervision, in a culturally diverse team;
Good IT skills;
How to apply
Candidates meeting the criteria are invited to submit an application in The CRADLE Job Form available for download here, together with a cover letter to:
The Selection Panel,
The CRADLE- The Children Foundation,
Subject: Volunteer Counselor
Ref Number: CRA/HR/CJP/VOL/C.PSCH./01/2021
Deadline: 15th June 2022, COB.
Only email applications will be considered and only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The CRADLE - The Children Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis (age, gender, sex, race, ethnic origin, social origin, disability, religion, and marital status) and DOES NOT charge applicants any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Duty Station: Nairobi
Project Sites: Nairobi, Head Office
Issue Date: 21st March 2022
Reporting to: Lead Counselor
Program: Child Justice Program
Duration: 6 months.