To ensure the realization of the overall organizational goals through effective and efficient delivery of legal services to clients, contribute to the management of Child Justice Program; and develop and maintain relationships with partners.
Legal Aid and Litigation
- Provide legal advice to clients;
- Provide referral of cases to relevant institutions;;
- Draft pleadings and represent clients in Court;
- Conduct research and prepare pleadings in Strategic Impact Litigation cases.
- Undertake impact litigation on selected cases;
- Maintain an effective and running bring up system;
- Draft legal opinions;
- Conduct community legal aid clinics and legal awareness forums.
- Manage a Pro bono Lawyers’ Scheme
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND COMPETENCY
MUST be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate with at least One (1) year post-admission experience.
- Should have strong working experience in litigation in the areas of Family Law, Child Rights, Human Rights, Constitutional Rights, and Climate Justice;
- Experience in Strategic Impact Litigation (SIL) is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of program management; planning, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation.
- Previous experience in the NGO sector is highly desirable.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Required Skills and Competences
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili;
- Ability to work in a team, maintain respect for diversity, uphold integrity, respect, and accountability;
- Self-starter with an ability to work with minimal supervision, in a culturally diverse team;
- IT skills.
How to apply
Candidates meeting the criteria are invited to submit an application in The CRADLE Job Form available for download here, together with a cover letter to:
The Selection Panel,
The CRADLE- The Children Foundation,
Subject: Legal Officer
Ref Number: CRA/HR/CJP/LO/02/2021
Deadline: 15th June 2022, COB.
Only email applications will be considered and only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The CRADLE- The Children Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis (age, gender, sex, race, ethnic origin, social origin, disability, religion, and marital status) and DOES NOT charge applicants any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.